John Edmund Mulaney, (born on August 26th,1982), is a American stand up comedian, writer, actor, and producer. He is married to makeup and Victorian Lampshade artist Annamarie Tendler and he has a grey french bulldog named Petunia.
History in Television[edit | edit source]
He created Mulaney, the short-lived Fox show in 2014, and then in 2015, he helped co-write multiple Documentary Now! episodes.
In 2017, he became a consulting producer on the Netflix show Big Mouth, as well as voicing several characters
SNL Career[edit | edit source]
In 2008, he audtioned alongside Nick Kroll and T.J Miller, and was hired for a spot on the writing team, where he worked from 2008-2014.
In 2011, Mulaney won an Emmy for co-writing Justin Timberlake's monologue, and at the 2018 Emmy's has been nominated for SNL, and for his comedy special, Kid Gorgeous.
Fun Facts[edit | edit source]
- Hosted the Independent Spirit Awards
- Played himself in multiple Weekend Update sketches
- Pitched the Diner Lobster skit in 2012
- Appeared in Oh Hello on Broadway alongside Nick Kroll as George St. Geegland
- On March 17, 2018, he portrayed Shy, the Lawyer/Conceptual Piss Artist.
- Almost audtioned for Home Alone,
- He hosted SNL twice only 10 months and 19 days between his first two episodes.
- Each of the first two times Mulaney has hosted SNL, he made an appearance a few weeks beforehand on the show, both on Weekend Update. The first was when he portrayed Shy, the second was as himself appearing along side Pete Davidson.
- He then hosted SNL his fourth time only eight months and two days after he last hosted on Leap Day 2020, when he hosted on Halloween.